People don't hear me clearly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by catmatou, Jan 13, 2016.

1. catmatou macrumors newbie

Just got the new i-phone 6s and when I speak to people, they sometimes tell me that they don't hear me loud enough! Is there a setting to make the microphone pick up my voice louder or amplify it?

2. darkbayinc macrumors newbie

The sound problem is probably an issue with your network. Step out into the open, where signals or strong or try a different network SIM. if problem persists and complaint is less sound and not skipping sound then check if your case or screen protector is not covering your mic. That is also another reason.

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

Have you asked your listener if you can move your phone around, do a test of different positions to see if there is any improvement (you may be holding it "wrong" - it does happen :D )
    And, as the last post suggested, be sure to check the position of your case or screen protector.

4. PortableLover macrumors 6502a

Two reasons. Carrier, or phone mic. Had a issue where I couldn't hear anyone properly on my 5.

5. xixi.li macrumors regular

My phone have the same problem ,but I ingnored it:)

6. CE3, Jan 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2016

CE3 macrumors 65816

Good suggestions. I used to hold my 5C with my hand covering the top part of the phone (over the rear cam) and people were always telling me my voice was muffled. When I switched to the 6S Plus I had the same issue the first few days, did some searching online, started holding it more from the mid/bottom area and haven't really had an issue since. I think it has something to do with ambient noise detection/cancellation.

OP this might not be the solution to your problem, but it's worth trying.