People leaving their mess on the table

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by agkm800, Nov 2, 2009.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

What are those people who shamelessly leave their mess on the table and conveniently walk out of a self-service restaurant?

Every time I go to one of those self-service joints, it bugs me to see some people just walking away from their pile of garbage left on the table. :mad:

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Some people just have no manners or class.

3. Decrepit macrumors 65816

Decrepit

Try newspapers in a college lecture hall. It's shocking that the room can be spotless at 8:00 AM, be trashed by 8:50, and by 7:00 that night, it looks like a hamster cage.

I had night classes, so I gathered the newspapers up and recycled them. Why should the cleaning staff have to pick up after rich children?

Some people have no respect whatsoever.

I've been with people who were leaving their stuff at a fast food place. I have no problem whatsoever shaming them.

4. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It seems to be the norm that public property is never taken care of as well as private property. Sad, but true. :(

5. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

places like McDonalds (a good scenario for this) are private property.

6. RubbishBBspeed macrumors regular

This is one of those things that I believe these days stands for a class divide, No longer Upper, Middle and Lower. More Snobbish, Genuine and scumbag.

The dirty are the latter.

7. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

Maybe your missed the point. Any place that the public has free reign over and is open for all to consume/use/enjoy is never taken care of by the masses that use it as well as private property that is either owned by that said individual or only available to a select few that pay for the right to access it to the exclusion of others.

I'm expounding on the OP's original point that people don't clean up after themselves. That fact is further magnified by the fact that public property or places open to the public are often viewed as responsibility free. In other words people think, "someone else will do it so why should I".

If you disagree then you've obviously never been in a "public restroom".

8. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

While I agree, in principle, that folks should clean up for and after themselves, one cannot deny that private fast food establishments as well as larger restaurants, charge a significant amount, which is built into the food prices, for cleaning their establishments. So if you have a complaint against patrons of dirty fast food joints, you have an even larger one against the owners that refuse to spend the money they charge to keep it clean.

Do you complain to the owners? Don't blame patrons for an issue which is more than likely a cheapskate owner that cut the housekeeping staff!

9. No1451 macrumors 6502

If there is a garbage can out for customers to use I damn well expect them to use it. I work a ****** fast food job(food court) and it is just ridiculous what people leave, I've seen 3+ packets of ketchup spread ALL OVER a table or the eating trays.

It always boggles my mind that people can be so filthy while in the public eye.

10. laughingperson5 macrumors 6502

Ugh, I hate it when people do that. They don't have any manners at all. Does mommy need to teach them etiquette? The f, I just want to take their trash and shove it in their face. Then again, that's how pissed I easily get. ;)

11. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I never clean up my crap. I paid them for food, I didn't pay them to clean up. I don't tip the bus boy when I go to a nice resturaunt and he cleans the table without bitching. Same thing with a movie theater. People get paid to clean the theater after every showig so I don't feel bad at all making a mess.

Not to mention I'm helping guarentee jobs ska helping the economy

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

wow you are part of the problem.

It annoys me that people leave all there crap on the table at fast food places. The food is cheap there for a reason. One is they do not need deticated staff to clean up all the tables.

How hard is it to take your tray of crap and throw it in a trash. When ever I eat a fast food place I will throw away my trash. Now I am not going to wipe up any mess I leave on the table like a little ketchup that may of fallen or crums but I will not leave my trash from my meal there.

As nicer resturants yeah, I pay my bill and leave. They can bus everything but then again the food cost more there. Instead of paying 5 bucks a person I would be paying 10-20 bucks a person.

13. No1451 macrumors 6502

If it's self-serve you are expected to, go somewhere else if you want them to clean up after you.

14. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

It seriously irks me and makes me disgusted with some of these people's behaviors these days..:rolleyes: