People Move On Very Quickly

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i-sidd, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

I am surprised that there is not much talk here about Steve Jobs. It's like people have already forgotten him.

This forum used be be so different, people were compassionate, helpful and always sharing knowledge, that's what made us Apple owners so different.
    Now the language of the forum has changed so much, so much hate, negativity and no character at all.

But most importantly, we should remember that all the advancement that happened in touch screen technology (phone) spilling onto other devices like camera's etc and the re-birth of tablets is because of Steve Jobs.

Give him some respect and also try to respect others here in the forum.
    If it wasn't for him this place would not have existed in the first place.

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Pretty much when you have more than 1 thread made on one topic people start to rage. And with the pre-order starting that made people create 1000 other threads so the Steve Jobs thread got buried.

3. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

4. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

You do realize this is the iPhone forum, right? Why would people be discussing Steve Jobs here, unless it relates directly to the iPhone.

Go to the news forum and find the active discussions.

5. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Maybe there are just more people here now so the 50 or so threads that gets displayed on the homepage gets pushed out quick. Not sure what it is you want us to do... sit around, mourn and twirl our thumbs for a week?

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

OP, yes, SJ was influential. However, I still visit these forums mainly to talk about tech and other issues. I am not going to be in Jobs mourning for weeks...or days...or hrs

7. 2010RS macrumors 6502

So we have to constantly talk about something, otherwise we've "forgotten" it? Can't argue with that solid logic.

8. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

99.9% of people here have no personal/emotional ties to him.

His family, friends, close business associates, people who have actually met him are probably still grieving.

Life goes on, in the case for many, their bank and communication accounts.

9. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

People are perfectly capable of remembering Steve Jobs and being excited for the new iPhone. But you must remember, you are posting in the IPHONE thread after all. There are plenty of more appropriate forums for his remembrance. (RIP)

10. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

how we can even forget him?
    without him wouldnt be apple or iphone etc or even this forum or even.. the keyboard im typing theese lines now..
    steve will always be here :apple:

11. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Yesterday was my Steve Jobs mourning day. And believe me I was very sad about it. Today is the "I ORDERED A NEW IPHONE" day. However I did mention Steve in one of my posts today :)

RIP Steve Jobs

12. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

To The OP

if you use the search function you will find plenty of compassionate comments about Steve, His death as sad as it is, was not entirely unexpected.

13. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    Steve Jobs would want us all to have the new iPhone 4S. We're honoring his memory by discussing the preorder process for it. If you want discussion more about his life and accomplishments, there's plenty of that going on in the other forums that don't have active product releases people are excited about.

14. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

OP, you are forgetting people can multi-task.

15. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    He must have an older iOS installed.

16. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I hate telling people to search but there are tons of threads about SJ's death. There are multiple stories on the front page and that's just from today. Yesterday had a bunch more.

17. Megalobyte, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

Megalobyte macrumors 6502a

I think it's a generational thing. I saw a funny quote the other day...

"the one thing I learned in college was to surf the Internet and make sarcastic comments about what I find."

Of course when I was in college, there was no Internet. :)

There seems to be a younger generation, that's a bit angry, as is typical of younger people, and there's sort of an unspoken contest and rivalry as to who can have the sharpest wit and sarcasm. I'm occasionally guilty of it too, but only mildly, seems some take it way too far and seriously, and show no mercy or compassion, the casualties don't matter as long as you got your witty jab in, and prove yourself an Internet master assassin.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but, even on the Internet people should treat others with at least a small amount of respect and kindness, being mean doesn't make you smart or cool, just mean. But hey, it's not my call.

18. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

WWSD - he'd want me to buy a 4S.

OP, you must have not seen the THOUSANDS of posts about Jobs' death Wednesday and Thursday.

19. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

OP I'm not sure what you really want from us. On this past wednesday, after I heard the news, I posted it to my Facebook and trotted out to my local Apple store to pay my respects w/ a small trinket (a bottle of apple juice). When should I move on? Why can I not focus on talking about and enjoying one of the final products that was introduced before his passing?

You can sulk if you want but it doesn't need to be in the iPhone forum. The front page 3000+ post thread is lively with discussion.

20. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

There is a separate thread for this. What else do you want??

21. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry my bad, didn't mean to offend anyone. It surely looks like the threads got burried. Also I should have posted it in some other forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.