People please.. Quit worrying about burn in already

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jjayf, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Jjayf macrumors 6502

The worst thing Apple did was make a statement about burn in. Ever since then, y'all been like super geeks all hypersensitive to the faintest of image retention. Every second post is either about image retention, or a question on how to avoid it. Please folks, give it a rest and enjoy your new devices..

Image retention is native to AMOLED technology. Just like plasma displays in the past, image retention and ghosting are going to happen. Relax. Unless you are abusing your display it's not going to be permanent.

To not abuse your display, keep it at less than maximum brightness. Use auto dimming. Don't pass out with some super sharp image in the screen and leave it there all night. That's it. Easy stuff.

When image retention occurs, normal use will clear it. It won't clear by sitting black over night. Exciting those pixels affected will clear it. The more you use your display, the less it will be prone to retention. It's proven.

So y'all cried for years on these boards for Apple to release an AMOLED display. Now you have one, and it's dirty little skeleton in the closet. Think about how many Galaxy S8 users walk around complaining about burn in.. I've never met any... iPhone X displays are supposed to be superior in both image quality and image retention..

Things are only a problem once they become a problem. So far, there is no problem. Quit trying to make it one.

2. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I disagree. I think Apple did this, because they know that there would be a flurry of customers with concerns And don't have knowledge about the tendencies with OLED and burn in. They were just trying to educate new iPhone X owners what to expect with some of their displays. That way devices were not being returned for something that the consumer might consider to be a defect.

3. Sensamic macrumors 68030

I've had burn-in on three different OLED phones. It's a REAL and VERY serious problem.

I no longer buy a phone with an OLED screen because of that. It happens in less than a year, and it's noticeable.