People purchasing an iMac that are worried about APP GIFT CARD...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kflik, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Kflik macrumors member

I know in the past few weeks (ever since people found out apple's back to school promo consisted of an app store gift card instead of ipod) many people were disappointed saying they did not NEED an app store gift card, and then there was talk whether the best buy gift card is a better deal etc..

Just wanted to say I got my iMac last week from the apple store, I received the gift card, I never sold anything on ebay before, placed it on there one day ago, and sold the card for $90 in LESS than a full day. (if you do not need a best buy gift card OR app store card, $90.00 for a $100.00 gift card is a pretty good deal IMO).

So maybe this information can ease some people when making their decision on whether to purchase the computer from best buy, online 3rd party, OR from the apple store!

This information will probably only be useful to those on the fence of where to buy, people weighing decisions on what may be best for their needs, etc...

Hope this info can help someone!

2. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

I'm not surprised it's selling. Has anyone else also sold theirs?

For whatever reason, I feel inclined to keep it; like I'll need it one day for apps and stuff... I don't know.

3. Kflik thread starter macrumors member

I felt sort of the same, thats why I required $90.00. I wasn't going to be mad if it didn't sell. But it did and very quickly.

Maybe this is the wrong forum to post this in but I know a few weeks ago tons of people on macrumors were so worried about the giftcards etc.. thought this would help!