PEOPLE RESTORING NOW! Window still open?? On hour updates!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by PhazeII, Mar 7, 2012.

1. PhazeII macrumors member

Whoever is restoring or has restored within the last hour please let us know that the window still open for 5.0.1. I myself will be posting as soon as i get the phone that needs restore and update to 5.0.1.

Thanks to all in advance who are verifying.

2. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

I have restored 2 phones so far.... WINDOW STILL OPEN AS OF 8:53pm PACIFIC TIME!!

3. toxicfume macrumors newbie

I don't get it.. What's this talk about people restoring now? Did yo guys upgrade to 5.1? Did you not save you SHSH blobs? Why the concern about this SHSH signing window?

4. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

They are still on 5.0 or 4.X and have not upgraded to 5.0.1 in time. Now the panic comes :)

5. PhazeII thread starter macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Just restored another one within the last hour.

6. toxicfume macrumors newbie

Ah I see :) But again.. can't they just upgrade from 5.0 or 4.X straight to 5.1 when the jailbreak is released? I mean they were using their older firmwares so long.. I'm sure they can wait some more until a proper JB for 5.1 is released, no?

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

I never get these threads where people ask. If apple is still signing then you can update np. if they close it then you can't. While people are waiting to see if it's still signed apple could be closing it.. ;) Do 1st ask latter!

8. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

9. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

If you've got a 4S, you can save your blobs but you can't DO anything with them (at least at the moment). So far, no one has come up with a way to downgrade the 4S to a past, unsigned firmware. So, if you update to 5.1, you lose your jailbreak and can't downgrade back to 5.0.1. You're then stuck with a stock phone and waiting for the next jailbreak (and with how long the 5.0.1 jailbreak took, I wouldn't hold my breath for another jailbreak anytime soon).

This doesn't apply to iPhone 4 and 3GS users that have their blobs. They can always downgrade back to a jailbreakable firmware. The 4S is the only iPhone that can't downgrade.

10. crc4 macrumors member

BE VERY CAREFUL, WATCH WHAT YOUR DOING !!!

When promted if I want to download and update to 5.0.1, I clicked ok
    (but the next screen that popped was for 5.1, (not 5.0.1)
    I quickly unplugged my JB4s, then clicked cancel on the screen.

SO BE CAREFUL, don't click on 5.0.1 without watching for what pops up in the next window. ;)

11. iFiend macrumors 65816

Did you sucessfully reinstall 5.0.1? What time? I want to be sure that I can still do it.

12. crc4 macrumors member

How could you quote my post without even reading it ??? :confused:

13. iFiend macrumors 65816

Umm I read it :) Apple was still signing 5.0.1 when I restored, at 5am this morning EST, so I am not sure what you were doing?

FYI - you have to shift/restore and point to 5.0.1 :)