People starting threads that are only a link to a youtube video

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by marksman, Feb 11, 2010.

1. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

These are the worst kinds of threads.

For example:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=863263

And not to pick on them, because I don't care who it is. Perhaps there needs to be a single aggregate thread in each forum or area for youtube links, but having a thread started that is essentially just a link to a youtube video is a big time waster.

If it is part of an actual discussion on a topic okay, but if it is "haha just laugh at this video." how is that serving any conversation.

So I think aggregate Youtube link threads would be okay, so people who feel compelled to share their links with others could do it, without having extra clutter on forums with threads that have no substance but a link to youtube.

2. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

There's a lot of threads that aren't "serving any conversation."

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Then don't click. Seriously. If everyone had their say/pick on what threads should and should not be allowed there'd be NONE.

Get over it. The fact that you posted in THAT thread and had to create a new one to air your grievance is more annoying.

Perhaps I should start a thread that people shouldn't spam the board with the same complaints in more that one thread because it wastes bandwidth

5. marksman thread starter macrumors 603

marksman

In your opinion. It is feedback for the site. It is not a link to a youtube video about someone making a joke about feedback to the site. So I would disagree with you.

Perhaps. But that doesn't mean you can't make changes that help improve that. Having people start individual threads every time they think they see a funny youtube video seems a waste. I am on several other forums, and most of them either consolidate such things or don't allow them as topics at all, because there is no actual conversation.

I don't understand this. How can I not click on it? It doesn't say in the thread title that it is just a youtube link with literally nothing else to it. I can't guess. That is why I suggest an aggregate thread for people to post their youtube links in. That way I can not click on it.

Do you know what forum I posted this in? Site and Forum Feedback. This is feedback about the site and more specifically the forums. Why are you even reading this forum if you don't expect people to post about feedback for the site? That is exactly what I did. I started a thread and offered a suggestion to help improve the readability of the forum. All you seemingly did was troll my post for no good reason and for no good cause.

What are you talking about?

Edit: By the way I did go look at your threads and posts, and have happily added you to my ignore list Samcraig. Seems like you live to hate on other people and things. So good luck with that.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You could report the thread asking for a more descriptive title or perhaps a [Youtube] addendum to the thread title. Maybe if enough people did it, it would become more commonplace.