People still think new MBP at Macworld?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ks-man, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ks-man macrumors 6502a

A couple of months ago everybody was saying that a new MacBook Pro would be released at Macworld.

As we have been getting closer I've heard a lot about Ultra-portable laptop, Itunes rentals and Blu-ray in MacPro, but no longer hear anything about a new MBP.

I've been wanting to get one but have held off thinking that a new release was imminent, so my question is twofold.

Do people here still think that a new MBP will be announced/released at Macworld, and if not when do you think a new one is likely to be released (what is the next major event)?

Thanks for the help.

2. kg1984 macrumors member

All the chat I've seen is of an ultra-portable edition to the MacBook Pro line.

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Its iffy as MWSF has a small chance for the mobile penryn chip to replace the current... but its really soon if they did pull this off, so the next update probably wouldn't hit until April or June, but it would just be a processor replacement.... nothing too big.

4. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

It's been half a year since the MBP has been updated and over two years since major over haul. There is a high probability that we will see a new or updated MBP this month.

Another time during which Apple usually announces new products is June.