Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
I don't wanna be mean or anything but if iphone 4 users are on ios 6 and want to know about ios 7.1, save shsh for ios 6 on iphone 4 and install ios 7.1 and than downgrade if you don't like it. :)

Gen

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2008
Since that makes a lot of sense to people.. your post wasn't that informative.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Unless something has changed, then it is too late to do this. I thought you could only save blobs while the firmware was still being signed by apple. Is the current signed firmware for the iPhone 4 iOS 7.0.6 and not 6.0.x?

Anyone interested might want to research that further before upgrading from iOS 6.

Last edited:

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
Unless something has changed, then it is too late to do this. I thought you could only save blobs while the firmware was still being signed by apple. Is the current signed firmware for the iPhone 4 not iOS 7.0.6 and not 6.0.x?

Anyone interested might want to research that further before upgrading from iOS 6.

If you are on ios 6.1.3 on iphone 4 now, with ifaith, you can save shsh.

gumblecosby

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
If you are on ios 6.1.3 on iphone 4 now, with ifaith, you can save shsh.

OK. So it's now possible to save the blobs for an older firmware even after apple have stopped signing the firmware? Pretty good breakthrough.

Q. If I have an iphone 4 with no blobs currently saved for iOS 6.0.3 as of March 2014, I can still use faith to get the blobs?
Im just looking for clarification because I gave up saving blobs last year. Back then I could only save blobs when it was the current firmware i.e. when Apple were still signing it.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
OK. So it's now possible to save the blobs for an older firmware even after apple have stopped signing the firmware? Pretty good breakthrough.

Q. If I have an iphone 4 with no blobs currently saved for iOS 6.0.3 as of March 2014, I can still use faith to get the blobs?
Im just looking for clarification because I gave up saving blobs last year. Back then I could only save blobs when it was the current firmware i.e. when Apple were still signing it.

If you now are using ios 6.1.3 on iphone 4, you can still save the shsh but ONLY if you are on ios 6.1.3. Go ahead and save your shsh with ifaith if you are now on ios 6.1.3

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.