People that pre-ordered the 17", has Apple charged you yet?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by detz, Jan 30, 2009.

1. detz macrumors 65816

I have not seen a charge from Apple yet so I'm wondering if they charge you right before they ship it or what? I placed my order over two weeks ago.

2. watchrabbit macrumors newbie

They should charge you right before delivery. I'm on the 04th del, and haven't been charged yet.

3. nopassn macrumors regular

Odd that you mentioned that... As soon as I ordered I saw a prending transaction on my Debit card for the total amount. Then this morning it came off, and the funds were released back in to my account... Strange. Every other time I've bought anything from Apple, I get the pending transaction and then it clears in a day or two... of course, said items have always shipped in a day or two...

4. Phlavorman macrumors newbie

Ordered January 6th. Apple charged my card this morning.

Order status still says ship the 4th delivery the 9th.

5. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

Remember it was still on Pre-Order until very recently, perhaps they are only now going through the transactions for all the customers that ordered.

6. apersianboyCOM macrumors 6502

The same thing happened to me and I got worried... so I called Apple's sales department and they said it's normal procedure that they authorize your card as it's a pre-order then they will actually take the money when it ships!

7. nopassn macrumors regular

Where are you guys seeing the ship and delivery dates? When I look at my order status, I see ships in 7-10 days and delivers Feb 6 - 13...

8. infernohellion macrumors 6502

This actually is a very good idea! So that they would have no trouble whether the purchaser has already reached the credit limit and such so that Apple would not have to call when they're already going to ship. "Sorry, we were going to ship your MBP but your purchase wasn't authorize". That would be bad. So it's better to say within a day, "You will have to talk to your card issuer since you have reached your credit limit" and then clear everything up before hand.

9. nopassn macrumors regular

Except they pre-authorize when you order, and then it clears off and then it won't try to charge until it ships... It's whatever, I've got the cash sitting there ready...