Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Hello,

I am having a strange problem. I ordered an iPhone SE from Walmarts great deal here (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-...DCUT-RED-Upgrade-Only/870221979?selected=true)

I received the phone WITHOUT a sim card so I just popped in my old one and everything works great. This is about a month ago. But it won't show up/populate an agreement in my Verizon account. Or show up in my device overview. No payment plan, etc...it says I cannot upgrade the phone because there is a current plan change still in effect.

I tried talking to Walmart and Verizon and both don't know. Wanted to see if others have dealt with this problem?

Thanks!

TLDR: People who did the Walmart iPhone SE Upgrade that gave you a discount for Verizon, has the new phone showed up in your device overview? Does an agreement populate? Mine has not.

cobra521

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2016
FL
clutch,

I did the Walmart/Verizon upgrade with the discount and installed the old SIM card a month or so ago. I just checked the Verizon site and it looks fine - it shows the new phone and the payment plan.

I did have to talk to a Verizon rep to activate the phone. You didn't mention whether you had to or not - mine wouldn't make a call until I did. Could that be a difference?

Tom

Reactions: clutchm3

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
clutch,

I did the Walmart/Verizon upgrade with the discount and installed the old SIM card a month or so ago. I just checked the Verizon site and it looks fine - it shows the new phone and the payment plan.

I did have to talk to a Verizon rep to activate the phone. You didn't mention whether you had to or not - mine wouldn't make a call until I did. Could that be a difference?

Tom
I just put the sim card in, and it worked. I didn't get a SIM card from Walmart...I called verizon and told them my problems but no updates or anything on their end.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Do you still have the shipping box? I received the SIM card separate from the device so when I got a seemingly empty box, I knew to look for it. The card was hiding in the bottom flaps of the shipping box.

Reactions: compwiz1202

parker5011

macrumors regular
May 17, 2018
Hello,

I am having a strange problem. I ordered an iPhone SE from Walmarts great deal here (https://www.walmart.com/ip/Verizon-...DCUT-RED-Upgrade-Only/870221979?selected=true)

I received the phone WITHOUT a sim card so I just popped in my old one and everything works great. This is about a month ago. But it won't show up/populate an agreement in my Verizon account. Or show up in my device overview. No payment plan, etc...it says I cannot upgrade the phone because there is a current plan change still in effect.

I tried talking to Walmart and Verizon and both don't know. Wanted to see if others have dealt with this problem?

Thanks!

TLDR: People who did the Walmart iPhone SE Upgrade that gave you a discount for Verizon, has the new phone showed up in your device overview? Does an agreement populate? Mine has not.

I did the ESim connection so I had to reach out to customer service. Mine is in my display. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
Do you still have the shipping box? I received the SIM card separate from the device so when I got a seemingly empty box, I knew to look for it. The card was hiding in the bottom flaps of the shipping box.
I checked, nothing

Abel Rojas

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2020
I did the ESim connection so I had to reach out to customer service. Mine is in my display. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You were able to successfully activate the iPhone SE though eSIM on Verizon?

Please guide me on the process! I bought an iPhone se today from a private seller. Brand New in box and when I opened it had a Verizon SIM inside. I set it up and updated the phone ready for activation. The rep was nice but the info she was getting was that my SE 2020 couldn't be activated through eSIM for whatever reason. I was given tech support number and instructed to call tomorrow and they would be able to EXPLAIN IT TO ME BETTER. ughhh.... Is it possible or no??

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.