People Who Switched from 9700...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theturtle, Oct 2, 2010.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

2. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68020

ugahairydawgs

I just text the people I used to BBM, so no.

3. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

i missed bbm for a little but thats it. the apps and advantages on the iphone far outweigh bbm for me.

4. asr10 user macrumors regular

Sometimes yes. But the iPhone 4 does everything much much better. KB I dont really miss, which is a big surprise. I am just as fast on the on screen keyboard.

And BBM I thought I would really really miss, but I just txt the old BBM users. It was just the cool factor of BBM that I miss.

I do really really miss the led notification light, the blackberry button, the quick launch buttons, and push everything.

5. Dyspareunia macrumors regular

kb - sort of, but you get used to the on-screen kb quickly. No more touch typing, assuming you could even do that in the first place.

bbm - nah, there are replacement apps that can fill the void. Look into Whatsapp or PingChat! 2.

Quiet honestly I don't miss my BB's at all. I had the Bold 9000 and the 9700. I'm letting them rot with no remorse at all. There isn't anything on Blackberry's horizon that would even come close to enticing me to switch back.

6. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

wow im surprised (btw thanks for the answers guys). I would have figured that alot of you would say how much you miss BBM. I really never understood why BBM was so popular (maybe its because i only had 7 contacts?). Do people like BBM because it puts you in a exclusive group or they like the whole "delivered" "read" feature?

i do miss the LED notification light...
    i saw somebody post that without the LED light, they've become more relaxed haha..

7. applebook macrumors 6502a

applebook

BBM is the only thing keeping RIM going for business. No one should have to settle for inferior hardware and software. Many of the newer Android devices completely own the Torch, and of course, the iP4 is in a different league. However, if you MUST have BBM, then there is no other choice.

8. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

and to switch just for BBM would be a stupid move right? :D

9. rawCpoppa macrumors regular

I'm curious about Whatsapp etc. Do these programs interact with bbm or do I have to tell people to download it themselves?

10. rust0r macrumors member

+1 The LED Notification light and convenience keys on the side are about the only thing I can say I REALLY miss

People have to download it as a separate application, BBM is a program that is closed to the BB world and runs privately within itself