People who used Ebay before, get in here now!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kidwithdimples, Jul 20, 2008.

1. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

I don't have an ebay account. My work friend is going to buy it for me and he is extremely lazy. I had 3 good iPhones 2G last night and this morning they were sold out.

Anyway I found these two:

http://cgi.ebay.com/8GB-iPhone-2G-U...oryZ3312QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

I don't care about the 8GB or 16GB. I have an iPod 8GB Nano (Black) already. It would be sweet to get the 16GB, too.

Now it says it is unlocked and jailbroken with 2.0 (which is the latest)... am I going to face problems with my T-Mobile SIM Card?

That's all. Thanks.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Having a difficult time deciphering exactly what you are asking.

3. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well what I am asking is that the 16GB iPhone 2G says it's upgraded to 2.0 firmware. I seen a few threads where members are complaining that it's using Edge instead of Wi-Fi or something.

Would you recommend me buying the 8GB 1.1.4 instead of the 16GB 2.0? Since 2.0 pwnage just came out and it can have some flaws.

4. alexmarchuk macrumors 6502a

alexmarchuk

The first one looks to be legit, as it is possible to unlock 1.1.4 already.

On the other hand, the second auction is on 2.0 unlocked, unless they have found a way to unlock faster than the dev team, there is no way they could unlock it. (could be wrong, but pretty sure)

The photo of the second link is also not 2.0. Maybe they took the photo before installing 2.0, i don't know. 2.0 has an App Store icon on the springboard.

5. Knolly macrumors 6502a

The dev team have unlocked 2.0 on first gen iPhones...

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I would go for the 8GB for the reason you're stating, possible flaws. But frankly the 16gb with flaws can be fixed in due time...if it does have flaws. Are you savvy enough to unlock your own phone if you had one?

7. kidwithdimples thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't know man. I do own a Macbook. What if I mess it up during the unlock process or something doesn't work after unlocking? :(

Another member from this forum want to sell his iPhone. He is taking pictures for me now.

8. tremlock macrumors 6502a

tremlock

FYI, the 2nd one..probably considering a 1st gen 16gb as gen 2, seeing as originally 4gb and 8gb were released...