People whose Fedex tracking is showing information:

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by doverlock, Jun 22, 2010.

1. doverlock macrumors regular

doverlock

And who have also ordered with AT&T:

What day is the "ship date" for your order? I'm curious to see if that has any correlation with when my shipping information will pop up. My ship date was 6/19. The earliest that I have seen posted on here was 6/17.

2. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Mine states it was shipped 6/20 and is scheduled to arrive June 23rd by 3 pm.

I ordered 5:40 am on the 15th. Premier AT&T order.

3. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

Hmm. Have you received a shipping confirmation email and/or text from AT&T? I have received neither. I'm hoping that the Fedex status will update today.

4. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Same tracking info but I ordered via premier at 1443 EDT. Received tracking info 2 hrs ago and shipping email about 5 min ago. Go figure.

5. hypoh macrumors member

hypoh

Ship date Jun 22, 2010
    Estimated delivery Jun 23, 2010 by 3:00 PM

Jun 22, 2010 6:00 AM
    Picked up
    FORT WORTH, TX

6. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

My order shows a ship date of "6/20/2010" but FedEx just picked it up today. I ordered on the 15th at 7:15am EST..

7. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

Gahh, I just have to be patient I guess. I am skeptical as to why mine has not shown in Fedex's system.

I was/am a little worried that I still have not received an email from AT&T, or any sort of confirmation from them other than their order status page.

My card still has not been charged, but I have not heard of many (if not any) that were charged.

8. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

This is exactly what I have. The shipping method is Standard Overnight.

9. fuzion macrumors 6502

-Order status still says processing
    -Carrier says null
    -Card has not been charged
    -AT&T account still says i'm eligible for an upgrade
    -No shipment emails, no activation texts, nada

I checked this morning.. no fedex number.. checked again.. fedex number but it didn't work.. now it works.

Just keep checking :)

10. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

11. RynoZebz macrumors regular

I ordered through AT&T and now I'm starting to get worried. So I got a shipped notification and even got a tracking number. However that tracking number hasn't worked since I got it on Sunday evening. It said my phones were ordered on the 15th and were shipped on the 18th. No big deal, right? I just assumed it would work once it got into Fed Ex's system.

Started getting a little worried today so I just checked my credit card and the hold that was on the card has disappeared and the pending charge is now gone.

12. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

stop stressing. if you have a tracking number, at&t has put a shipping label on a box that belongs to you. Fedex may not scan every single box in the early stage of shipping. Much of it is automated (think conveyer belt) when they are moving 20,000 boxes onto a plane. (already sorted by region so it gets to the right hub) When it get to their distribution center they will scan each individually and folks without fedex status updates will see that theirs has skipped a step and is even closer.

just be patient even though it may be difficult.

13. Biff... macrumors 6502a

Biff...

Just got my email and I ordered from AT&T Premier.

Attached Files:

14. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Makes sense. Thanks

15. csunflip macrumors regular

Encino baby...I thought I would be the first one in the valley with an iPhone 4 :D

16. tknice macrumors member

Just got updated again a few minutes ago:

Jun 22, 2010 11:59 AM
    Arrived at FedEx location
    MEMPHIS, TN

Jun 22, 2010 6:00 AM
    Picked up
    FORT WORTH, TX

Jun 22, 2010 3:41 AM
    Shipment information sent to FedEx

17. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

18. doverlock thread starter macrumors regular

doverlock

I'll be patient. :) I was just a little concerned.

Thank you Steviejobz for explaining that, that does make sense and I feel a bit better about it. :D

19. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Our iPhones must be together. :p

20. darkenrahl macrumors newbie

I phoned FedEx, talked to lovely, pleasant lady who told me the following:

FedEx parks large trailers in the lots of the major Electronics Companies (Apple, HP, Dell, AT&T) with which to deliver major orders. These trailers are filled up by the respective companies. During loading, the company creates FedEx entries, then loads them on the truck. So in this case, AT&T scans the iPhone, creates a FedEx tracking number, and stacks it on the truck. whenever the truck is filled, it is driven to the FedEx sort facility. This is not scheduled, and happens when the truck is full.

When the truck gets to the FedEx facility, it is unloaded and all items are scanned. This is when the package shows up in the FedEx tracking system.

This means that REALLY lucky folks like me, who have a shipping date of the 18th from Apple but no entry found for FedEx, have an iPhone on the truck loaded by the LAZY crew at AT&T (just kidding, I' sure they're all diligent hard workers) and it is still sitting on the pavement at AT&T in Texas. (or it got in a car accident on the way to the sort facility)

Hope this helps. She also said that the idea about the system missing boxes isn't true.