People with a Touch - how is the alarm?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shoelessone, Oct 2, 2007.

1. shoelessone macrumors 6502

I am wondering how "loud" the alarm is? I hear there is an alarm, and when the alarm goes off a small speaker in the Touch beeps or bops or something of the sort. I'm wondering if anybody has experienced this alarm yet, and if so, how loud it is, etc. If not, could you check?

Thanks!

2. sebast1anc macrumors member

It's not very loud at all. If you have your iPod touch plugged into some speakers, it does play the alarm through the speakers, so you can make it louder. You can't use your music as an alarm, just the few beeping ones supplied.

I wouldn't rely on it to wake you up unless you've got some speakers. But I suppose it could be handy for any other time you need an alarm as a reminder.

3. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

yeah it's not very loud at all , and the sounds themselves are quite annoying , i wish you were able to set the alarm to use music... or... can you?

4. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

hhmm, my sound settings are on both (headphones and speaker) yet i hear nothing :s did i miss something?

5. Matteh117 macrumors regular

If it wasn't annoying you wouldn't wake up, right? :)

6. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

ok, i didnt realise you needed the headphones in for the alarm to work with the speaker (kinda dumb lol) im surprised as to how little ive used the headphones on this since i got it lol, forget its an ipod

7. agentkow macrumors 6502

agentkow

So let me get this straight, you have to have the headphones plugged into the iPod touch for an alarm to sound on the internal speaker?

8. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

No, I don't think that's true.

When I play around with the alarm app and select various alarms, it plays them for me without the headphones plugged in.

They're not very loud, but will probably wake up light sleepers. ;)

9. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

it must have been a bug, after getting it to work with them in, after taking them out it contiued to work, strange

10. ShanePod macrumors member

its probably uses the same internal speaker that you hear when you use the sound clicker

11. 03sho macrumors 6502a

Will the alarm go off even though the touch is completely of?
    does it go off when the touch is on sleep?