Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2006
UK
For thoses people who have battery problems with any MBP i was just wondering how Apple dealt with it. I have a new MBP with a battery that is draining faster than i can type and told Apple and they have sent me a new one which i should get in 5-7 working days. Personally dont see why it takes to long but hey!

How has everyone elses problems been resolved?

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
after 9 months and about 40 charges with my sony battery i had 30% health they sent me a new one. now 9 months latter with again a sony battery i am at 90% health, which is after 50 cycles. so im worried this one is going to die again in the near future and im sure this time apple wont pay for it.

broncopde

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2007
Conway, AR
Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

greenbreadmmm said:
after 9 months and about 40 charges with my sony battery i had 30% health they sent me a new one. now 9 months latter with again a sony battery i am at 90% health, which is after 50 cycles. so im worried this one is going to die again in the near future and im sure this time apple wont pay for it.

If after 50 charges it is at 90% health, why are you worried?

The only "issue" I've had is my PowerBook battery was recalled. I didn't notice a problem with mine, but it was in the serial number range so I swapped it with apple for a new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.