People without cases on their 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshelton, Jul 6, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Are you havng problems with the screens becoming scratched? Do the new screens seem pretty tough?

2. nfl46 macrumors 603

Well I just got mines today and I have no case on it. I order the BSE front and back though. I'm going to go caseless until my Griffin Reveal comes in the mail...940390 weeks from NOW, lol.

So I'm not sure. I don't think people are having problems w/ their screens scratching.

3. jaycarroll macrumors regular

All I use is the CEO Sleeve from Marware, no scratches yet and I've been a heavy user since launch day.

4. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I used screen without protection for about 5 days. Felt it would get scratched and just got a shield for it

5. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Had since launch day with no case and it has been just like the 3G for me - no scratches on the screen at all, scratches all over the bezel, and the back looks fantastic. (white)

6. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Love that case!
    to me it is the best built in the Apple store yet cost less than many of the others.

7. wr1020 macrumors regular

I have no case on mine at all, no scratches on any part of the phone, i was thinking of buying the Incipio Feather just to have some kind of case around the house to put on the phone when there are times where a case would be a good idea. It's not a shock proof case but at least it'll keep the back of the phone from getting scratched.

8. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

I was not planning on getting a case. The screen can withstand plenty, it's the camera that ended up making me get a case.

That, and the fact that I now don't have to feel and see the uneven bezel.

9. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly

I have an Incipio silicone case for the back (easier to hold onto), but nothing on the screen since launch day. NO scratches.

10. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

Planning on buying a pouch for my iPhone, once I have it.
    Not really into those cases for iPhone - they take away from the look of the device IMHO. :eek:

11. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

The bezel is a little scratched, but barely. But the bezel always gets scratched, sometimes cases are even the cause of scratches on the bezel lol.

But other than that my phone is fine. And I'm so glad I'm able to enjoy it without a stupid case on. It feels better in the hand and just more fun to use, without a case.

I just hope I don't drop it. :eek:

12. cubbie5150 macrumors 6502a

cubbie5150

I went caseless on my 1st Gen iPhone, but decided, for whatever reason, that I wanted some sort of case for the 3G S that will be delivered to my home tomorrow, so I ordered the Power Support Air Jacket from their Amazon storefront. I think I paid too much (~$40 incl shipping), but at least I get 2 screen protectors with it. I am intrigued by the Griffin Reveal.....

13. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I just have a case on the back, case matte Barely There case, nothing on the front. So far no scratches.

14. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

No case. Just enjoy your phone. You know you'll get another one in a year :)

15. miggitymac macrumors 6502a

miggitymac

Bare naked 3GS for 11 days now.

Screen is perfect, but i have a few scratches on the bezel and 1 or 2 on the back Apple logo, despite all my best efforts to baby it.

I love the look and feel of it caseless, but it's making me paranoid! I'm scared to walk too fast when it's in my pocket b/c the bezel might incur more scratches in there...

So I ordered a switcheasy colors to help me relax and treat it more like a phone than a priceless heirloom...

16. FortLeopard macrumors newbie

Because you're totally going to disrupt your 2 year contract and pay for non subsidized prices... :rolleyes:

17. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I have the Power Support Crystal Film Set and the Incase Slider. I love the Slider, but I am tempted to remove the screen protector. It gets pretty nasty and I always end up with dust underneath it. I might give it a shot without the screen protector and hope I don't scratch it.

18. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

-1 ^^^ Haven't had to pay non-subsidized price yet for 3G or 3GS, not sure what you talking about; and I've got (5) iPhones on my Family Plan....:eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:

19. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

Got it on launch day, haven't used a case, and zero scratches.