Peoples complaints about the iPhone 4... my 2 cents

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moviecouple, Jun 9, 2010.

1. moviecouple macrumors regular

You know, I keep reading about complaints regarding this or that on the new iPhone 4 and the OS. For me... I think the iPhone 4 and the OS is a work of genius and it keeps getting better with every new revision. You have to remember that this is essential designed to be a cellphone with the ability to do other things. A lot of other things to boot. Something like this would have been unheard of 10 years ago. Your carrying around this ultra small device in your pants pocket/purse. Think about that. It is pretty damn cool. Maybe it's my age, but I remember when cellphones were brick sized or even suitcase sized. I consider myself a techie and have always been one. I am just blown away by this device and the iPad as well.

One, last thought. How many cellphones out there get 4 or more revisions? Trying to refine and rethink and make it better than the last version. Not many that I know of. Usually a cellphone comes out and it succeeds or fails and that series/model might have 1 more version of it come out. The companies usually move on to other things and that is the end of that model. But, the iPhone is a different breed. Apple knows it has something good on it's hands and tries to make it better with each version. It reminds me of how car companies are... that is why you still see Honda Civic or Nissan Z's 20 years later. Most companies would have moved onto a completely different model to distance themselves from the past. So I guess I am saying thanks to Apple for sticking to it and making an already great device into a better one for tomorrow.

2. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

People will never be satisfied and will always want more for less.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

One size doesn't fit all, and given the fact the the release of the new iPhone was one of the worst kept secrets, meant people's expectations had plenty of opportunity to getting out of line with reality.