People's opinions about pouch/jackets like Sena?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by daonesteven, Jul 9, 2009.

1. daonesteven macrumors 6502

I want to use my iphone naked with only a screen protector, but I am still a bit concerned about scratches and dings. I was thinking maybe I'll see a pouch like those Sena ultra slim pouches, but I kinda want to consider the pros and cons, like if I'm able to deal with not being able to see my iphone screen all the time.

Do you guys think this is worth it if I want to use my phone naked, WITHOUT using skins like IS, BSE, etc? Those I tried and I can't stand the tacky feel of them. Those who already own Sena pouches and the like are highly suggested to post and express their opinions!

2. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

That's the first thing I got when I bought mine.
    It's great to put in a purse that doesn't have a dedicated phone pocket.
    (I imagine it would be great for a guy who carries a lot in his pockets too)

The only thing I don't like about it, is...when someone calls, it takes a minute to fumble it out...then slide it out of the pouch. ...and you can't see who's calling, before you go through all that trouble. :)

It's very tight at first, and I found myself 'squeezing' from the bottom (kind of like you would a toothpaste tube, to push the contents to the top)

It's a good case, but since then I've gotten the griffin wave (great case), incase frame case (current case...and loving it still). It really boils down to preference of use...if you're a 'sleeve' case kind of guy, the sena pouch is great quality for the price.

Hope that helped. :D

3. normwood macrumors 6502a

normwood

I have both the Sena sleeve and a Freitag sleeve I bought in Switzerland while on vacation. I usually use the Freitag sleeve. More protection and has an interesting thingy to pull the phone out of the sleeve.

Steve

4. aluren macrumors 65816

i thought about pouches but decided against it. it's too much trouble taking the phone out of the pouch everytime you need to use it.

5. nezff macrumors regular