Pepsi Natural

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wonga1127, May 9, 2009.

1. wonga1127 macrumors 6502

I don't know if any of you all have tried Pepsi's new glass bottled naturally sweetened fare, but if you have, I was wondering what you thought of it. Does it taste any better, does it taste any different? Worth the price?

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

Natural? Isn't what it's sweetened with the least of your worries?

(Speaking as a Max addict)

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

I tried Pepsi Throwback. Which uses cane sugar instead of HFCS. It tastes a little better. Though it does not compare with Red Rock Cola. Which is another "Natural" Cola. I don't really consider any soda "Natural" but it has very few ingredients and uses cane sugar. I'll never go back to HFCS soda and always hated the diet fake sweetener stuff.

The worst is sucralose (Splenda) I can pick up the taste of that immediately in foods and drinks, disgusting.

4. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

I can't say about Pepsi, but I had Doctor Pepper sweetened with Imperial Sugar (the original recipe) and it tasted a bit better.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So it's Pepsi but made with real sugar, like it is here? (England)

6. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I tried a Pepsi throwback the other day and I'll say it tastes exactly like a Glass Bottled Coke. It was ok, but since I started drinking less and less soda (after going cold turkey) I have lost all wanting to like drinking sodas. The only one I ever drink is Sierra Mist and the occasional Dr. Pepper.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I am quite fond of sugar sweetened drinks over HFCS.

8. J the Ninja macrumors 68000

9. w0ngbr4d macrumors regular

I have. It's pretty good. It lacks the sweet "kick" that normal Mountain Dew has. I like it.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I tried a can today. Since I drink diet soda; if at all, it is like candy to me. Seems to have the same calories and the likes so I'm not sure if it is supposed to be more beneficial for anyone other than natural sugar > HFCS. :cool:

Nope what is it? You mean one of their 3, 4, 5 ish other flavors?

11. -Ryan- macrumors 68000

That's correct, but you're incorrect in saying that Pepsi in the UK is made with real sugar, because it isn't. :(

12. Exegesis48 macrumors regular

I really like Pepsi Throwback. I've been using it as a mixer with my Jameson Whiskey and it doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the whiskey like normal pepsi does. I'd drink the whiskey straight, but my wife wouldn't approve. For some reason she thinks it's better for me to mix it.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

What! No wonder I prefer real Coke to it :( I always thought we used real sugar on both Pepsi and Coke.

14. magamo macrumors 6502

I can't taste the difference between Pepsi and Coke, let alone tell the difference between real sugar and artificial sweeteners in soda. They taste more or less the same. The same goes for sound quality between headphones for audiophiles and ones for your average poor student.

15. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

You mean this stuff?

I don't know I felt about it. I generally don't drink soda but decided to try this stuff anyways. It did have a different kind of sweetness though.

Attached Files:

16. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

Thanks for the pic. I've been looking for this stuff -- unfortunately, living out here in the sticks I often have to do without The Necessities of Life.

A couple of my friends in L.A. have tried it and love it. So jealous.:(

17. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I was very excited when I saw the pepsi Throwback with cane sugar yesterday. I love real sugar in soda so much better, and it did taste a considerable amount better.

18. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I tried the Pepsi and Mountain Dew Throwback versions and they both tasted relatively the same. haha.

I guess as long as it costs the same I don't care what kinda gimmicks that are putting on the label. XD