Per-App Documents and Data?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KieranDotW, Sep 19, 2014.

1. KieranDotW macrumors 6502a

I'm planning to get the 16GB 6+, and before you all call that a nearsighted decision, I'd like to point out that in the three years I've owned by 16GB 4S I've never used more than 2/3 of the available space. However, I still like to be as economical as possible and delete everything I don't possibly need. For example, I noticed in my "Usage" that in addition to the size of the app itself, some of my apps also have "documents and data" that take up significant space on the device. Does anyone know what this means and how I can get rid of these documents and data?
    [​IMG]

2. dharadvani macrumors member

It's the data stored by the app--usually cached information downloaded by the app (Facebook status/photos/video, Paper articles in this case).

If the app doesn't have a setting to erase/clear cached data, then the only way to get rid of it is to delete the app and reinstall from the App Store each time it gets too large for your taste. Sometimes, you can use tools on your computer to clear data from the iPhone's file system if you know what you're doing.