Per user Screen sharing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by macdoc33, Jun 12, 2011.

1. macdoc33 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if there is a limit on how many users can simultaneously remotely log in to their user account and screen share the same mac in Lion? It sounds like this is the OS X equivalent of microsofts terminal services (which for multiple simultaneous users costs a bit to say the least), and makes software like aquaconnects OSX terminal services server obsolete, but is it limited to say only 1 remote user and 1 local user, or can you have 3 or 4 remote users and 1 local user at a time?

Thanks

2. ninjit macrumors newbie

I just noticed this new feature on the Lion page of apple.com
    (along with all the other "features" of Screen Sharing that were actually removed going from 10.5 to 10.6...)

This would be a huge boon for my research lab, where a bunch of us are trying to use the same powerful mac pro for our work.
    Currently this is limited to ssh via the terminal, but not everyone is that comfortable with the command line, and some of the software we use is gui only.

I don't think we'll know the details before release though, since those with the developer builds are restricted by the NDA.