Percentage drop while charging

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jcdumdumaya, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Jcdumdumaya macrumors regular

So I noticed when I was charging that my phone was on 7% then dropped to 6%. Is this normal?

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

Yep, batteries will never really display the correct amount of charge and this can occasionally fluctuate while charging, like instant jumps from 10% to 15% - also when they show 100% they're actually charged to 95% or something, so it's mainly the software that displays the 'correct' amount of charge. You only need to be concerned about the battery if you seem to be having heavily fluctuating percentages or you just get a few hours and nothing more.

1 or 2% isn't a problem. If it's just a one-off or occasionally happens then no need to worry.

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Were you using the phone? Were you using the included charging adapter and cable, or something else? And did it start increasing the percentage over time, or continue to decline?

C

4. geoff5093 macrumors 68000

geoff5093

If you are using your phone, depending on settings and what you are doing (navigation, streaming music, full brightness, etc.), you are using more power than the charger can deliver.

5. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Yep the cube charger will not even charge the phone if you are using it. Does not produce enough power to do so.