percentage of iPhones with problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iCheese, Oct 19, 2007.

1. iCheese macrumors regular

Does anyone have a guess as to what percentage of iPhones are exhibiting problems?

I have a 7V739 and it seems perfect as far as I can tell, but I worry that something will happen eventually and I will have to get it fixed... I suppose there is no point in worrying unless something actually happens, but I can't help myself sometimes :eek:

OCD about my iPhone :D

2. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

depends what you call a problem... do you class a slightly blury serial number as a problem? or a dead phone?

i think most apple stuff has minor problems, like speaker grills not fitting smoothly, only minor OCD stuff tho!!

3. iCheese thread starter macrumors regular

MrT8064, I was speaking mainly of major problems such as bad screens or the sound from speakers not working anymore.

And CD3660, I suppose no one really can come up with a true percentage :eek:

4. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Oh i'm sure Apple can. Would they ever release those numbers. Hells no.

5. kdawg macrumors regular

kdawg

6. CD3660 macrumors 68040

CD3660

Sorry, I was just fooling around. :)

7. chr1s60 macrumors 68000

chr1s60

I am guessing we will never know a correct number so everything will be pure speculation. It does depend on what a "problem" is. If you are talking about dead pixels, frozen screens, faulty batteries and those things then the percentage is probably between 5-10%. This may seem high to some, but remember this is a brand new product and it is very high tech. I would guess that whenever the next iPhone comes out this number will be lower since Apple will have a better idea of what they are doing.

8. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I would bite on the 5-10%... I liked the 5.438% number, actually.

We see a lot of the "bad" here on the forum- some people trade out 4-5 times it seems. But that is the exception, not the rule.

Me? Got one I find perfect- 5 series screen, battery lasts 2-3 days, no dead pixels- everything is good.

9. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

My first iphone had that black negativity screen issue, so I had to return it and get a replacement. I use to think alot of iphones shipped had issues, but then again, they are shipping alot of them so the percentage might be smaller than we all think. I think when people experience problems themselves, it seems to magnify the issue and cause them to think the problem is alot worse than it really is. I know I thought alot of iPhones were problematic considering my own experience coupled with trolling macrumors.com and seeing others with similar problems. Now I think the percentage of defective iphones are within the Q&A tolerance standards of Apple. If I had to guess, I would say 2% of all iphones shipped