Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Here is the cheapest, very light and perfect fit bumper for my iPhone 5.
I got this on eBay from a seller in China. $6 Black/Clear bumper + Free Shipping. Bought it last week Sept 19-Wednesday , seller shipped it same day, and I received it yesterday here in Naperville, IL.

That is FAST 5 day shipping. I also bought the clear plastic screen protector from China seller for $3 for 20 pack. Will arrived here tomorrow.

I dont understand why people by those $25-$49 BULKY cases from stores anyways.

Here is the eBay link.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Black-Clear-Bumper-Frame-TPU-Silicone-Case-for-iPhone-5-5G-w-volume-button-/190726889275?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item2c68355f3b

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    353.9 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:

bwhitta

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2011
I've bought these bumpers in the past and haven't had much luck. Many of the ones I ordered arrived with broken buttons? How is the quality of this one?

I went ahead and purchased one. I found one from a US seller for $5.99. Hopefully it will arrive faster than it would from an international seller.

Todd H

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2002
Eastman, Georgia
I've bought these bumpers in the past and haven't had much luck. Many of the ones I ordered arrived with broken buttons? How is the quality of this one?

I went ahead and purchased one. I found one from a US seller for $5.99. Hopefully it will arrive faster than it would from an international seller.

Mine was from a US seller and should be here in the next day or two according to my tracking number. I'll post my thoughts when it arrives.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Ive just ordered one too to be shipped to me in the Uk.

£0.99 & £1.99 shipping.

Can anyone confirm if theirs is still in good condition after wear and tear usage .

Last edited:

bmwjeff

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2012
pics installed on the phone??

edit: NM i see it on the ebay link.. anyone have pics of it on a black phone??

I may just wait for apples version lol

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I wasnt advertising on purpose. Just sharing my happiness with this bumper. I always buy bumper from eBay cheap and have good quality. Where do you think those bumpers that US sellers or stalls you find in the mall came from? They buy in bulk from China and sell it for $25 ++ a piece. Same thing with the clear plastic shield. For my iPad 2 & 3, iPhone 4, 4s.. I buy em from sellers overseas for less. $5 - 20 pieces front & back covers for iPhones and $7 -20 pack iPad front shields. Takes 1 week to get here.

Oh, my old iP4 bumper I got overseas lasted long even with 20 or more times of accidental drops.

Here are the pictures on my black/slate iP5

Attachments

• ip5 1.JPG
    ip5 1.JPG
    350.2 KB · Views: 305
  • ip5 2.JPG
    ip5 2.JPG
    428.2 KB · Views: 276
  • ip5 3.JPG
    ip5 3.JPG
    321.6 KB · Views: 329
  • ip5 4.JPG
    ip5 4.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

nsense

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Any scratching on the black/slate?

No scratch. I only had this since yesterday. Compare this to my bumper for my iP4, the rubber around this one is NOT as SNUGLY TIGHT where you can see marks by the rubber. Slightly loose. The rubber is of soft material quality. I am pretty sure 100% comparing to all of my history of using bumpers, this is the best one. So happy, it is a PERFECT FIT.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
Dirt will get in between case and phone and scratch the weak coating quickly.

Put scotch tape around bezel first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.