Perfect Camcorder for Skiing?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by fivepoint, Dec 16, 2008.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I'm going skiing this Christmas with my family, and I'm looking for a camcorder that I can take with me inside of my coat pocket. Preferably something small, flash based, and high-definition. The two I've been looking at so far are the Flip Mino HD and the Sanyo Xacti VPC-HD100.

Any advice would be most appreciated!

Also, there is a chance I may be returning this device after the trip if I'm not completely satisfied with the purchase. Thought I had better mention that in case it changes anything. :)

2. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

I've owned a previous version of the Sanyo and I have to say that the size and ease of use is great. I thought the picture quality was great too, although the one you're looking at is obviously going to be much improved to what I was looking at.

3. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Do the sanyo xacti models support full compatibility with macs?

4. PaulThrop macrumors newbie

Skiing

Hi,

I have just come back skiing and I took my new Sony HDR-CX11E full HD camera. It did a great job and fit in the inside pocket of my ski jacket.

Cheers
    Paul

5. tkidBOSTON macrumors 6502a

tkidBOSTON

Not sure what you mean with fully compatible. I used an SD card reader to pull my pics/ videos off.

If you're looking to use it as a webcam or something of that sort, I'm not sure.

6. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I just mean capable of getting video off of the camcorder and editing with iMovie. I know all camcorders aren't compatible with iMovie 08 and 06HD?

7. fivepoint thread starter macrumors 65816

fivepoint

Seems kind of large? Did you worry about it breaking at all?

8. PaulThrop macrumors newbie

LOL, it fit perfectly in my inside pocket and I was very careful with my skiing. If I planned any extreme skiing, I would have to leave it in the hotel room.

Cheers

Paul