PERFECT fitting bags for the Macbook Air 13"?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by icchy, Sep 1, 2011.

1. icchy macrumors newbie

So I've been in the market looking for a perfect fitting bag(preferably messenger!) for my macbook air 13" that compliments it's light form and size. Since I usually only carry the mba to my office with my kindle/book and newspaper there's not really a need for much pockets. The only requirement is for it to be slim and lightweight. Below are some of the possible ones i found. However I'm still undecided and looking for recommendations!

InCase Nylon Sling Sleeve
    [​IMG]
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/nylon-sling-sleeve-cl57736/6

Hex Varsity 13"
    [​IMG]

http://www.shophex.com/product/HX1064

Diplomat 13" Messenger Dimensions: 13x10x3.25"
    [​IMG]
    http://www.malcolmfontier.com/store/the-diplomat-13.html

Do any of you guys own one of these and can give your thoughts? Also if you have come across similar slim-formed bags or other recommendations for the MBA 13" please share! :D

2. nickday macrumors member

I've just got that Incase Nylon Sling Sleeve for my 13" MBA. While its made for the MBP, the dimensions of the 13" MBA and MBP are the same (except the depth) - so the fit is quite close around all the edges of the MBA. It is free to move around a tiny bit as it isn't as deep as the MBP, but I don't reckon that's anything to worry about. It's very light too and doesn't really take away from the portability of the MBA, plus you get pockets for the charger and a few other bits and pieces. :)

3. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

4. vanillagorilla macrumors newbie

5. macrat macrumors regular

+1 for the Scout Bag. It's perfect for carrying my 13" MBA and sometimes with the iPad2. Get the Olive color! (unfortunately I think they're backordered in this color everywhere which tells you how awesome this bag is)

(I also have the Scout for iPad in black and it picks up lint like crazy!)

6. jcg878 macrumors member

I like the looks and size, but it doesn't look as if it has a rear panel that you can slide onto a carry-on handle. Is this correct? It's a must for me.

7. macrat, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011

macrat macrumors regular

On my last trip I used the Scout shoulder strap to secure it against the pull-out handle of my wheeled suitcase. It's quick and easy to do.

However if f I need to do it again on my next trip I think I will buy a velcro belt to loop it through the scout's bag middle strap to secure it against my luggage bag.

Either way is good actually

8. shadowarachh macrumors member

i use the mandarina duck sleeve originally bought for the 13" adamo.

9. coolguy1 macrumors member

Diplomat 13 bag looks awesome! has anyone bought it? is it a reliable company? 180!! ouch!!