Perfect iPhone 5 case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ChitownVet, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ChitownVet macrumors newbie

Hey guys I'm looking for the perfect case for my iPhone 5. I've searched high and low for the perfect case for three days... to no avail. Well, here it goes... I'm looking for a nice case for my black iPhone 5 that will keep the beveled edges and back from scratching and still allow me to connect my Lightening to 30-pin Connector in my car ...that's isn't too bulky. The dilemma: Most of these cases have a open top and bottom design... leaving my iPhone beveled edges open to get all jacked up. Any Suggestions?

2. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I think others have mentioned that they ended up sanding down the connector to make it fit into their cases with bottoms. I think if you want the top and bottom covered you'll need to make the connector fit. Otherwise the designs of the connector and bottom covered cases are inherently non compatible.

Other option - what about choosing your favorite case and then getting the lightning to 30 pin cord connector?

3. ChitownVet thread starter macrumors newbie

No very practical

That's not very practical Nhwhazup. If I'm going to hack something... it would probably be the case before the connector. The corded one sounds ok.. but seems kind of weird hanging in my windshield. Plus it's another connector purchase. I guess my first post on this site was a little too wordy, since I'm not getting many responses. Was hoping I didn't have to get the white iPhone 5 ..but it's kinda looking that way. I'm just looking for cases similar to this case that aquadisiac posted...

Attached Files: