Perfect Leather IP4 Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by viewfly, Sep 29, 2010.

1. viewfly macrumors 65816

viewfly

I have many cases. Bumper, Sena Ultra Slim pouch. I found this little reviewed case that I took a wild chance on. It's a bottom flip type. I'm very pleased. It has a hard front and back; very very thin. Thinner in width than the Sena pouch. Really well made and packaged (see photos). Slips in easily and protects well in my pocket (or for my wife's purse). Good access to top, bottom and sides, when closed. They also make just the bottom part; but I chose the front protection. Comes in brown, red and black. $ 42. at http://www.iphone-cases4u.com/product_info.php?products_id=2325

I like the bumper, but it removed the look of the sides, and no protection for glass in my pocket. I don't use screens...they impede the touch a bit. Liked the Sena case, but I tire of pulling it out of the pouch and then dealing with the pouch. This is nice and I can just place it on a table easily.

Great leather work, interior has nice leather details. Fits snugly. No magnetic flap to interfere with Compass. Fixes antenna issue too.

From Hong Kong. Boss series made by HOCO. Couldn't find on amazon. Ordered direct. Good delivery, but communication was weak.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][/IMG]

See the box it came in!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

And sitting on top of my Sena Ultra slim pouch.

[​IMG]

2. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

3. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

I should clarify that communication via the 'contact us' section of their web page was clear and prompt. What I meant is although I got the prompt Paypal confirmation, I never received any order or shipping confirmation from the case company's web site. When I contacted the site, they had already shipped it. So all was okay.

I'm really liking this case. Easily worked with one hand.

4. Boldman macrumors newbie

I was very interested in your comments and photos about the Hoco leather case. I am thinking of buying one but I need some information about the opening for the camera lens and flash. Have you had any problems while using the flash with this case on your phone? Does the opening have a plastic insert around the cutout? Thanks for any information you can provide.

5. Boldman macrumors newbie

The Piel Frama is a great looking case, but I am looking for a very simple one. I had originally looked at the Noreve case from France but I did not want a case that had a belt attachment on the side and with this particular case their logo pin would interfere with the camera lens. I wanted a case with the flap hinge at the bottom. Some other cases that come to mind are the Pdair case and the SGP case. If the Hoco does not pose any problems as far as photos and flash function I will probably get it.

6. tm3 macrumors newbie

does anyone know if the Hoco case for iphone 4 will fit the ipod touch 4?

7. Boldman macrumors newbie

I would think not as the iPhone is thicker and not rounded off like the iPod touch.

8. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Change my mind about this case

Sorry, but I haven't look at my post for some while. No, it does not have any plastic over the camera/flash cutout.

The camera works normally with the case. No problems there.

HOWEVER, I discovered this weekend that the flash reflects off the cutout adding a fog over the entire photo. I don't use flash that often, but I'm very disappointed with this.

I will post some photos in a little bit.

AND, I suspect that most all cases that have similar cutouts have the same problem. I looked at the flash under a microscope. It has a wide angle difuser/lens to give a wide dispersion of the light. That is probably causing the problem.

Went back to my black Apple bumper and/or the Sena ultra slim case.

9. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

Changed my mind about this case!

Here is a photo taken with flash and without the HOCO case.

[​IMG]

And a photo with flash and with the HOCO case.
    [​IMG]

The cutout sure seems wide enough not to cause a problem. But it does... and it's an all leather case, with no shiny spots.

[​IMG]

10. Boldman macrumors newbie

I have been away from the board for a while. The difference in the 2 photos is dramatic. I have not taken any photos with the phone since I placed it in the case. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem outside of cutting a larger hole for the lens/flash. I noted on the newer cases from the French company Noreve that the whole corner is cut away. I suppose that would fix the problem. Some cases come with flash diffusers and I am wondering if they would be helpful in correcting the problem. SGP case company suggested that a black case would not need the diffusers but they are sending me some to try .

11. RickG macrumors regular

if you want to have a unique case and stand out the Orbino cases are hand made- I have had one since November and enjoy it- its not perfect but if your looking to be different and want a hand made leather case its an option- they take a long time to get as they are made to order from Italy.

12. kny3twalker macrumors 65816

kny3twalker

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_6 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E200 Safari/6533.18.5)

Looks exactly like SGP leather cases.

13. Maurier, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2011

Maurier macrumors regular

A friend of mine just got the Noreve case. It is a nice case but I didn't like the look of the leather they used. It looks fake/syntethic.
    I don't work for Vaja and not trying to force anyone to buy their case and I realize they are a little on the expensive side. But honestly they are perfect IMHO.
    Just last week I received the Evolution Top in Black&Red and it looks great, the leather they use is nice and it will look even better the more it gets used and it fits the iphone 4 perfectly without giving it to much bulk.
    Sometimes I buy things and always wonder why I bought them and ask myself if I should return them especially a phone case for 100$.
    But I simply love this case and I already had several people asking me what case it was and where I bought it :p
    A friend at work wanted to buy it off me for 120$ loool
    Don't laugh but when I get my next pay check I am going to order a custom made ivolution top SP in black and vibrant orange.
    I know it is 100$ but imo it's well worth it. The quality is a thousand times better then anything I saw so far for the iphone 4.
    Like the guy above me said the Orbino cases are nice but the prices range from 150$ all the way up to 400$. Plus they are made from crocodile skin and you might end up having some peta guy beating on you if they see it loool
    I would love to have one of those Orbino laptop cases but 900$ ouchy. If it gets stolen I don't know if I should cry for the laptop or the case=)

14. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Vaja is the Rolls Royce of leather cases.

15. catony macrumors newbie

seems like good , but the hole for the lens/flash is bother...

16. viewfly thread starter macrumors 65816

viewfly

So the snap closure broke on the front cover. With a knife I cut the front cover off at the bottom of the phone.

Works like a snap-on back case now. Still same flash problem though.

Sent from my iPhone 4

17. iphone4case macrumors newbie

HOCO iPhone Case - iPad Case in Australia

Good news for those who looking for HOCO Cases in Australia. Austrlian customer buy HOCO products directly in Australia without ordering from overseas. Here is the site

http://iphonecaseaustralia.com.au/search?tag=HOCO

HOCO Geniune Leather Case for iPad 2 and HOCO Flip Leather Case for Samsung Galaxy S II are really good products.

Good Luck