Perfect MacBook Pro's are out there people!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Totti, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Totti macrumors member

Just wanted to post this quick note to not only say how pleased i was with Apple Chadstone's (Australia) treatment of dealing with my unhappiness over a new MacBook Pro i purchased there a couple of weeks ago. Also wanted to say MacBook's without inherent faults do exist!

Bought my first ever Mac there (2.4 MBP 15") which upon initial inspection had a small scratch on it, a loose battery cover, scuffed packaging (On the inside) and for what it's worth, an October age on it when i purchased it in Feb (Trivial i know, but worth a mention).

Anyhow, took it down to Chadstone because i figured i had nothing to loose but my pride, and if these issues where something that played on my mind then why not let a Genius hear my story.

So, took it in, and in under 10 mins the Genius there decided he'd replace it on the spot for the loose battey cover (Didn't really care much for the other issues but that didn't bother me!)

Got my replacement a couple of days later as they were out of stock, and it's faultless! No dead pixels, slanted keys, loose battery, excessive screen bleed cover or any scratches of any sort! Couldn't be happier and just wanted to reassure people (Because you only seem to hear about the negative stories these day) that perfect MacBook's do exist!

2. Repo macrumors 6502a

Repo

There are many stories of great Apple customer care, and yes, there are a lot of Macbook horror stories. Keep in mind, most stories are that way because the people who write them are compelled to do so because a problem exsisted in the first place. People don't usually get online and write: "Just wanted to let everyone know, my Macbook still has no problems." At least not everyone. ;)

Anyway, I'm very glad to hear you're satisfied with your purchase and with Apple. I will be receiving my 17" MBP soon and am looking forward to it.

3. Intense macrumors regular

4. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Happy for you fella.

shame i couldn't buy one in my local store, I tried 3 times and each time the machine was scuffed up like yours was on the inside and the third wouldn't turn on , I haven't the patience to go back again yet Fair play to you , enjoy your mac ..wish I could find a good un, not jealous, honest :)

5. Andreios macrumors newbie

Congratulations on your new Mac.

I ordered my MacBook Pro in late December through their online store (I am in the UK) and it arrived with not a scratch on it. I was also pleased with the delivery time especially during the holiday season.

Now and then there are horror stories now and then but it is good to hear your story had a happy ending. :)

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I *knock on wood* haven't had any issues with any Apple products I have bought at the time of purchase. It's kinda hard to figure out all the complaino threads I see. Apple keeps getting the top customer satisfaction ratings yet sometimes it seems like 2 or 3 people get on here and complain all day.

The only issue I have had with my MBP in almost 2 years is the battery went bad (as I was covering a football game in BFE!). I took it to the geniuses and they swapped it out at no charge. A few months ago, they did probably $1,000 in repairs to my dad's iMac G5 for NO CHARGE. They replaced the motherboard and a couple of other components that were causing it not to boot. This on a 3-year-old computer.

After I had 2 HP laptops go crap on me within a couple of years, I can't say enough good stuff about Apple. If there is some premium you pay to buy an Apple product, it's worth it for the smoother OS and the awesome service I have had.

7. smokedog macrumors regular

After 3 replacements, I too have a prefect MBP. 3 months on and still going strong.

8. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I have a perfect straight out of the box... I guess it's all about the luck of the draw.

9. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

And sometimes it seems like there are more than 2 or 3 Apple employees speaking up for there master .

people complain when they pay top $ for a machine that arrives with issues and then go through return after return , shouldn't be happening imo Apples QC is getting worse.

Look, bottom line Mac OS X is by far 'better' overall than windows imho and the Mac computer has a good solid rep .

The thing is lately , since about 2005 from what I can see there are considerably more quality control issues arising, which is a big shame , I just hope they don't go from underdog mavericks to money grabbers like micro$oft .

look anywhere on the net and many folks are complaining about quality control. don't take my word , search google .

10. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats on your MBP, and it's always great to hear a tale of good service and consequent customer satisfaction. May both you and your MBP live long and prosper together.

Cheers and good luck

11. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

indeed. my machine has been fine from the day i took it out of the box.

12. rukus macrumors member

i have a perfect one. no problems at all. there used to be sleep issues for a short time though.

13. be300test macrumors member

i too have a great 15" unibody (replaced my old 2.2ghz sr 1st gen logic board replaced 3 times)

its never given me a bit of trouble after 2 ssd's , 1 set of bad ram sticks.

i keep good care of it though :D

14. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

through my experience as well apple's service has been excellent ... My lil bro stuck playing cards into my disk drive and fried it. they fixed it on the spot 20 mins no appointment (aluminum macbook pro 17 in) no hassels with anything... and besides my bro shooting my disk drive with that card .... my laptop in the 2 years ive had it has been flawless and the couple of times i went to get my couz's macbook repaired (3-4 times all her fault not apples... they were really nice about it and fixed everythin even though 2 of the times were outta warranty) im pretty sure ur right not many people post about how much they love how service and ect goes with apple just the few with problems post and it makes them look problamatic yet they arent anywhere close.

15. marbles macrumors 68000

marbles

Mine was quite badly marked when I opened it and so I sent it back till QC improves

16. nfrederick macrumors newbie

This is my third unibody and I can't be happier with it, perfection.

The first 2 had dead pixel issues.

The awesome people at the OKC Apple store are amazing. :D

17. OverSpun macrumors 6502a

OverSpun

not even any right speaker rattle? Every unibody mbp at the store when i went had the issue.... goes without saying mine does too. Pretty annoying

18. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

19. retrospek macrumors 6502

retrospek

Yeah - I bought a Macbook Pro a few weeks ago and it was terrible. It had really bad backlight bleed (which the shop said was normal !) and the machine would hang whenever I went into Windows via Bootcamp !

In the end I managed to convince the shop to take the machine back and give me a refund.

I've now bought another Macbook Pro via Apple UK Refurbished store, so have saved a few hundred pounds and this machine is perfect ! Absolutely no problems at all with this machine and the screen is perfect !

So glad I didn't keep the first one I had... and think it was normal to have these defects !

:D