Perfect MBP to a Lemon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mgacam2, Feb 6, 2008.

1. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

So i purchased my MBP 2.2 SR in August along with the extended apple care. The computer was perfect and I had absolutely no issues. Recently issues have popped up and I'm wondering what to do. Basically the problem is:

1. Airport Kernal Panics (Running fully up to date Leopard)
    2. Weird electronic buzz from headphone jack
    3. Doesn't always wake from sleep requiring a hard reset
    4. Constantly burning hot, enough so to burn my skin
    5. Constant lag while running nothing more then Safari (Hardrive churns and makes lots of noise. Happens all the time now and not just with Safari)
    6. Lag on Keyboard when typing first few letters
    7.Battery gets to the last 30% and then just cuts to 10 min remaining battery power warning
    8. DVD drive is scratching my DVD's

Basically many many problems, and my laptop is flawless and has never had any damage to it. I called Apple and made an appointment with the genius' for tommorow, should i try and get a new laptop from them or let them fix it or what. Not really sure how i should deal with this issue.

2. odinsride macrumors 65816

odinsride

A reinstall of Leopard may help with some of those problems

3. tip macrumors 6502

tip

I'm seeing some items you listed that might be software, rather than hardware issues and might need some more troubleshooting from that aspect. The hardware-related ones do seem troubling, however.

Regarding the battery and heat, what are your stats?

4. tremendous macrumors 6502

tremendous

i'd probably take it to where you bought it/call apple. just a hunch but this doesn't seem right. oh, and demand free/new stuff. always aim high.

of course, after you've reinstalled leopard.

5. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

Check your activity monitor and look for a process called PubSubAgent running and sucking up 100% of the CPU. That will cause extreme heat and lock ups. This process has been buggy even in the developer seeds. Its driving me nuts that not Apple hasn't fixed it yet.

If its running, just kill it. It will prevent your RSS feeds from working correctly. It sucks not having the feeds, but I would rather not have feeds then burn my hands off.

6. Sannekita macrumors regular

Sannekita

let us know if they got to solve it and how!
    good luck!