Perfect screen now has a stuck pixel... after 6 days.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DaLurker, Feb 5, 2008.

1. DaLurker macrumors 6502

So here's something interesting for you guys. As many of you may have read, I've gone through a total of 4 Black Macbooks and I'm on my 3rd Macbook Pro now. You can read about my experience here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=420559

Now in that rehash of my history with Apple notebooks, I didn't mention my stuck/dead pixel history.

Each and every one of those laptops had screen imperfections. 3 Black Macbooks had 1 or more stuck pixels. 1 Black Macbook had "smudge" on the screen.

Of the two MBP's I've had prior to this one, one developed a stuck red pixel on the left side and another developed a fully dead pixel on the top right hand corner.

Apple replaced my last MBP because the part they were waiting for was taking forever.

This new one started off with a perfect screen but today (6 days later) I noticed a stuck pixel in the top and middle.

Time to try to unstick it... how can I have such bad luck?!

2. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

wow if I had an experience like that I would just give up on Apple....or any company for that matter if it was the same....you must be strong to be sticking with them!

As for the pixel why don't you try massaging it...if it's just stuck it will come back.

3. durant0s macrumors regular

durant0s

maybe you were a screen abuser in a previous life, karmas a bitch.

4. heatmiser macrumors 68020

If I were you, I'd have stopped buying Apple three computers ago. Looks like we've got a glutton for punishment. :D

5. esd macrumors member

*shrug*

dead pixels are pretty common among all laptops. I've gone through quite a few ThinkPads at work and they always have one or two.

6. Jestered macrumors 6502

If it just appeared and was not there before, you can probably get it working again. Believe it or not, there is a widget that flashes the colors and you are supposed to put the widget where the stuck pixel is. When I came across this widget I thought, "there is no way this is going to work...". I had a stuck pixel on my external LCD so I tried it. The pixel I tried it on was there when I got the monitor. The widget did not work. A few days later I noticed another stuck pixel that was not there before. I tried the widget on that one and BAM! It actually worked and the pixel has been working perfectly ever since.

After it fixed my pixel I read the info on the widget and it says that if the pixel was dead or stuck out of the box you probably won't be able to fix it, but it has worked for others. But then it says that if the pixel suddenly got stuck and was working fine before, the widget would work something like 90% of the time.

I would try this widget. It worked for me and I had no faith in it.

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/20962/pixel-fix