Perfect timing?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by PedroDias, Oct 30, 2012.

1. PedroDias macrumors member

Scott Forstall got fired, the head of OSX assumed the iOS as well. ARM launches the A50 series with 64-bits compatibility.
    Do you think that the iPhone 2014 will be capable of running the OSX instead of iOS?
    That could be a real game changer for the smartphone market... Imagine being able to stop using you computer and continue exactly what you're doing on your cellphone without any delays and running smoothly? would be awesome, right?

http://www.engadget.com/2012/10/30/arm-cortex-a50/

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

We're already doing that with iMessages, etc.

3. PedroDias thread starter macrumors member

i mean a really good integration. like splashtop but without using the computer's processor. As if you were using your computer but doing all the processing on your iPhone.

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

I don't know about 2014, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was soon after that. Not that I would really make use of that - it's one thing to continue what I was doing on my phone and transfer that to my computer (e.g. iMessages), but it's another thing to take what I was doing on my MBP and try to do that on the small screen of my phone (heck, I don't even like surfing the web on my phone).

That being said, I'm sure alot of other people would love this.