Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Hi folks,

Been ages since I've posted, very bogged down in work. Think it was not too long after the iPhone 6 launch but I've still been lurking around as much as I can.

Just thought I'd do a quick post in between working and making coffee about what I'm currently up to.

The final piece to the Perfection! trilogy of puzzlers is nearly finished.
If anyone here played any of the other two games, this one might look similar at a first glance but it's a very, very different game. I like the simplicity of the visuals so I've been keeping the same general feel to them.

This time around there is a lot more going on. Its a much more fast paced game and you'd best be able to think on your toes.

As always thoughts, suggestions and general abuse are welcome :D

Here's the screens for the final version.

StoreScreen-1.png StoreScreen-2.png StoreScreen-3.png StoreScreen-4.png
Cheers.

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Hi,

Thank you for showing some interest. I'm sorry for the delay with the game but it really shouldn't be much longer now.

The bulk of the work is finished. The game itself has been completed and all of the bug testing has been done, all of the interface work is finished as is the GameCenter integration.

Basically all that is actually left to do is to finish fine tuning the level challenge mode, trying to strike a balance between not too easy but not so ridiculously hard you won't want to play it.

If I had to guess I'd say it will be submitted to Apple by the start of next week and I'll update here with progress as it happens.

Cheers.

drydenTourn

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
Cheers for the reply
Do you have any link to the previous games? can't find them either :) maybe im just really bad at using the search function

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Just a wee update.

The game has finally been submitted to Apple. It's changed slightly, in that there is just one game mode to keep things simple.

There are still levels to work through but it's all just a bit more focused.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Today is the day (well depending on when you read this that is.)

Perfection! 3 has been approved and will be showing up on the AppStore at some point today.

Blurb incoming......

Same dots, new game. How Perfection! 3 is played couldn't be more different from the other games if it were a badger in a dress. It’s still going to test your strategy gaming skills to their limits and beyond, this time you had better be able to think fast as well.

Touching one of the dots will make it shoot off in the direction of its arrow. If it hits another dot, then that dot will move off in the direction of it’s own arrow. The dots chain together like this until one of them reaches the edge of the game board.

Sounds simple enough and well, it is, more or less. This wouldn't be Perfection! if there wasn't something to get your brain ticking over like a drag racer on a starting line.

As you remove dots from the game board, new dots are added in their place. Red dots are randomly added among them and cause you serious damage. Hit a red dot and not only do you lose a life, the score you chained together will be subtracted from your total score instead of added.

Your only defence against the red dots? Include a green dot in the same chain, cancelling out the effect of any red dots in that same chain. If you know any of the Perfection! games, you'll know there is a reason behind its name. You start each level with “Perfection!” but hit a red dot and you lose that levels Perfection! and the bonuses it brings.

So with all of that said there is just one question to be asked.
Do you have what it takes to achieve Perfection! one last time?

As usual here's some promo codes:

7YP3EPYJX4NT
XP3KXY4XP4EW
AKEWX4H9H4WY
T4AY3JX9WLMN
3L6PHELFJPR3
T36PJ6TPJXXR
JTJJEYP6KJ4H
647W7NX9NKNA
LNXWP76HW7RM
ER7YK3ARRH7J

StoreScreen-1.png StoreScreen-2.png StoreScreen-3.png StoreScreen-4.png

ya1950

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2009
Looks interesting. 7YP3EPYJX4NT used. Thanks

Edit:
Nice game. Unfortunately it crashes under IOS9 PB - not unexpected just thought you might like the information. Looking forward to playing it when things get sorted out.

Last edited:

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Looks interesting. 7YP3EPYJX4NT used. Thanks

Edit:
Nice game. Unfortunately it crashes under IOS9 PB - not unexpected just thought you might like the information. Looking forward to playing it when things get sorted out.

Cheers for that, I've not got around to updating my test devices to iOS 9 yet because of a couple of things in working on.

Good to know though, suppose I'd better get my finger out and get prepared for iOS 9. Why must Apple break something in every bloody update :D

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Just a quick wee update to say that PhoneArena has picked Perfection! 3 as one of their best new games of the week.
Needless to say, I'm both shocked and pleased :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.