Performa 6110CD Monitor Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Banshee Friend, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Banshee Friend macrumors newbie

Hello, I am a new classic Macintosh collector and recently got this Performa 6110CD. I also got a 191-01 VGA Adapter for the crazy HDI45 Out. Unfortunately, Neither my Dell LCD Monitor nor my old KDS CRT Monitor will 'adapt' to it. I have not been able to test the computer's authenticity yet, but It makes the startup chime and all the drives spin up correctly. I don't see any damage on the Logic Board either, so I don't think the monitor is the problem. It might be that I can't find the proper settings on the HDI45 Adapter. The Directions are somewhat vague. I'll post an image of the directions if needed, but It also says it is for a Power Macintosh on the package. Thanks.

2. Hrududu macrumors 68020

Hrududu

I've got a 6115CD, but I never used the built in video on it since it had a card installed with VGA output. With that card, you had to power on the computer, wait for the chime and then power on the display for it to work. I don't know if that was just because it was an add on card, but there was a trick to timing it.

3. Banshee Friend thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting, but I still can't really try that out because this adapter, I believe, has to be on a certain setting, which I don't know.

4. tdbmoss macrumors regular

tdbmoss

If the PRAM battery inside the machine is dead or missing these don't usually fire up fully the first time - try pressing the power button three times in quick succession ie on, off, and on again and see if it starts up properly then (this trick will start them without a battery).