Performa 6115 value?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TRC, Feb 27, 2009.

1. TRC macrumors newbie

I was wondering if any one had an idea of what the value of a Mac Performa 6115 might be. It was one of my first computers, paid over $3,000 back when it was purchased, but I know its not worth much now. Thinking about putting on Craigs List. Anyone have an idea of what I should sell it for?

2. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I doubt you can get more than $25 for it unless you get real lucky.

3. giffut macrumors 6502

I ...

... would make it workable (best install for smooth operations) and donate it to a kindergarden, pre-school, school - whatever might want to run legacy software that ancient machine still supports.

This will make you feel very good about it, believe me. By selling it, you are going to be just too embarassed about the price. I might dare to predict you won´t sell it at all.

4. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

Yeah, you probably wouldn't get a buyer. I don't know if donating it is worth it though, they're not really good for anything anymore.

5. goMac macrumors 603

I used to work for a school district and we would turn newer stuff than that away.

You'd be donating it and the school district would have to pay a tech to set it up, install it in a classroom, and upkeep it. Not worth it.

Sorry though, I have a soft spot in my heart for old Macs, just telling it like it is...