Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andrew_Scott

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 26, 2017
How much of a difference is there between a late 2013 rMBP 13'' i5 and the current 13'' i7? I'm doubting about upgrading it, I would only do it if there is a noticeable performance increase. I use it for Photoshop and Adobe pro tools in general.

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
Really depends on which computer you currently have and what you're comparing it to. Of course there's a speed difference across the board, but whether you'd perceive it is entirely down to your work. If you are finding your current software slow and sluggish then yes you'll see an improvement, if not then it's hard to say.

Generally speaking they'll be about 20-40% faster in day to day usage, things like opening apps, transferring files, general OS usage etc. Top end you could be looking at upwards of 50% faster, which makes things like rendering or transcoding significantly faster. So things like gaussian blur should be noticeably faster for you, as well as opening a PS file. But probably not adding layers and painting over stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.