Performance difference between WD drives?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by daneoni, Aug 20, 2007.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I was just curious as to whether there are any performance differences between the 320/500/750GB WD HDDs besides pure capacity?

2. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I was happily surprised to find that the 500GB drive in my iMac was a Seagate. I hope my replacement carries the same drive.

Anyhow, there shouldn't be any noticeable difference in performance between the drives.

3. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Oh Seagate, thats even better. Im a big fan of Seagate. Curious, why are you getting a replacement what happened to the first machine?

4. rainydays macrumors 6502a

About 1/3 of the screen had a yellow/brown tint to it. Seems I'm not the only one with that problem but I don't know how widespread it is. Apple probably got a bad batch of panels.

5. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

Just got my replacement today. Won't know till this evening. And didn't check the manufacturer on the first unit that came. I went with the 750. I hope it is a Seagate as that's all I buy.

6. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I don't think I'll ever buy another WD hard drive again. I've owned two and both failed - one after 3 years and the other after 11 months. I think I'll stick to Seagates as well.