Performance hit with Mavericks

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by gfconner, Oct 27, 2013.

1. gfconner macrumors newbie

Avid reader, but first time poster...

Like many others I was quick to update to Mavericks this past week and have been a bit concerned and frustrated by what seems to be slower performance - especially in the realm of graphics. Using the touch pad to swipe between screens while in Launchpad consistently results in freezing/hanging of screens. A number of other subtle slowdowns are noticeable as well. I guess I am wondering if I am the only one experiencing this or are others seeing it, too.

I also was very frustrated by the changes in Garageband. I use it for recording a radio broadcast, then convert it to mp3 - with lower settings, i.e. mono & 96 bit rate (for AM radio) this is no longer doable in the new Garageband. Basically it says it no longer exports to podcasts... I found the old copy of 6.5, still works, but can I get it back into Launchpad? no...

Anyway - this is my second Air - love this machine and use it all the time. Just don't like it not to work as before... sort of reminds me of my windows days. "Horror"

GFC

13" Macbook Air 2012 - i7, 8gb, 256

2. bastisk8 macrumors newbie

Same thing here. Launchpad seems really buggy and scrolling is noticeably more laggy than it was in ML, especially on content-heavy websites, e.g. theverge.com
    I am also using a 2012 Macbook Air (base configuration).