performance issues for testing app in iphone device

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by jpsubbarayalu, Sep 22, 2010.

1. jpsubbarayalu macrumors newbie

Hi All,

i am facing some problem , while testing my application in device.Actually most part of my application i am using Web Services.Additionally i added Push Notification and iAdd also.

While running my application in Simulator its running good.There is no performance issue except some pages.At the same time while running the application in the device i am facing lot of problems[Performance issues].Its taking so much time[Ex.iAdd its taking so much time for displaying iAdd] for displaying the page.

Currently i am using iOS4 with iphone (3G) device.How to rectify this issues.May i know what is the reason?...Whether this is due to Memory leak? or using older device for new OS[iOS4].

Thanks in Advance,

2. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

iOS4 on the 3G is very slow. You aren't going to get around it. The simulator will always be faster as it is somewhat dependent on the speed of your actual computer (ie, a fast computer will always allow the program running in the simulator to run at full speed).

4.1 was supposed to speed things up on the 3G.

3. ianray macrumors 6502

Networking has unpredictable latencies, and well-designed Apps typically use UIProgressView or UIActivityIndicatorView to give the user feedback until network data arrives.

You can use the various Instruments in XCode to analyze the performance of your App on the device; see the Run -> Run with Performance Tool menu.

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

While this is true, I'm betting this is more of an issue with the fact that the phone is a 3G and the OP is running iOS 4.

5. jpsubbarayalu thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Currently i am using IOS 4.1[Still i am using iPhone 3G device].But still i am facing performance issue.Here there is no memory leak[Using static analyzer tool i rectified most of the leaks].

Still i couldn't able to understand the reason for performance issues here.Actually most part of my application i am using Web Services.i am facing this performance issues last one week.Anybody having any ideas please guide me to solve this problem.

Thanks in Advance,