performance MBP 15" late 2011 vs rMBP 15" 2013

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pina, Nov 9, 2013.

1. pina macrumors member

Hi,

I own a MBP 15" i7 quad core late 2011. It has got 8GB RAM and I added an extra SSD to replace my optical drive. So it now has got an SSD and a SATA, which is a very good combination now.

Because the logic board has been broken due to the GPU failure, I have to pay more than $700 to replace it. Since many people is encountering the same problem and apple refuses to acknowledge the issue, they won't repair it under warranty. For that, I'm afraid that after the replacement the failure would accur again because I already replaced the logic board last year.

So, maybe I was thinking of buying the rMBP 15" but it costs a lot of money, approx $2600. How much difference will this rMBP perform compared to my model? I'm not willing to pay so much money for a marginal extra performance. Retina is cool but not necessary.

2. ryallen macrumors newbie

Probably a third better performance overall. Maybe a quarter. Who knows? Maybe even 50% for heavy things like gaming and video editing. All depends on how much wear it's gone through.

Retina is really nice. Yeah its not needed, but put one next to yours and you will never accept anything less.

In other words - you have the money? ****ing buy one. you'll adore it.