Performance Problems in Retina Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cardsnk, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Cardsnk macrumors regular

I purchased my 2013 15" Macbook Pro with Retina display 2.7 (Ivy Bridge), 512gb ssd, with 16gigs of ram earlier this year, i have concerns and usage scenarios to point out with this product. Encountered problems since OSX Mountain Lion 10.8.4 - OSX Mavericks 10.9:

a.) Lag
    User Interface - Clicking on one edge of a window, dragging to resize lags heavily, even on Full screen, maximizing / minimizing windows. Photoshop (CS6) - brush tool, liquify tool, transform tool lags.
    Drawing - even drawing using Autodesk Sketchbook / Photoshop with this machine, lags.
    Internet - Seen some other users having problem with Scrolling through browsers, even safari.

b.) Sounds
    Clicking / Popping Sound - Watching videos, listening to sounds, itunes, etc. Right side speaker of this machine pops buzzes.

c.) PRam / SMC Reset
    The only solution that is over-ratedly available which eventually does not work.

d.) Display
    Display Burn In and Ghosting - LG / Samsung problems.

d.) Community / Individuals having the same problem
    For over a year, they are growing and it worries us, wanting to hear out from the company to fix certain problems of a fresh (Not even a 1 year model) $2000 machine's solution is to make a new one? Come on.

e.) Return / Exchange Unit in the Apple Store
    Exchanged mine Twice...

--- So frustrating to be regreting a product with a marketing value so high.

2. walkie macrumors 6502

I understand your frustration about software lags, I bought the exact same rMBP as yours early this year, I think Apple sold us a product which was not finished yet, the software never wasn't up to the hardware, it's taken them almost 2 years to provide us with a decent OS optimised for this machine, Mavericks has solved all lags in my case, I've waited patiently for Mavericks to come out, but still some software makers need to optimise their apps for this hi-res OS, this delay has left a bitter taste among us, I expect Apple realised the frustration that many of us have felt about this "revolutionary machine" and treat us as we deserve.

3. Cardsnk thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the reply. I hope that apple will still give us a better solution and seeing that mavericks is a first step through this, not just the rMBP but every mac models out there, Inch by inch the problems subside through updates (hopefully) . I am worrying that this particular model is not as cheap as the others and yet this maxed out flagship model is having a lot of issues. Apple gave potential buyers an updated or a (fixed) version of this one, but what about earlier buyers of this model? Oh man. :( Ratings of this model through the interweb is by far one of the most competitive in it's category, now I have come to realize that Reliability and Stability is more important than Benchmarks scores.