Peripheral lock

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cjcmarshall, Jun 5, 2011.

1. cjcmarshall macrumors newbie

Long story short is that both myself and my roommate have MacBook Pro's. His charger broke around 2 weeks ago and he has slowly but surely made his way over to leeching off of my computer charger. Hes been known to be careless with his electronics and I'm not in a postion to replace mine if he breaks it. I've told him time and time again not to use it, but whenever I go out, i'll find that its plugged into his computer. I'm wondering if there is any app out there that would "Lock" my charger so that it only works on my macbook pro. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

So you have a roommate who uses your stuff without your permission, but you don't have a lockable box? OK then. There is absolutely positively nothing that you can do:rolleyes:

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

There's a very simple solution; take the charger with you when you go out.

4. atticus18244fsa macrumors 6502

atticus18244fsa

No need to get too complicated. You should buy some sort of safe or lockable box to store valuables you don't want him to have access to. And if he really does take it after you telling him not to, you likely have bigger issues to deal with.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

An app that makes a charger computer specific, interesting but not possible with the current hardware.

6. interrobang macrumors 6502

So, basically, this person has access to all your worldly property. And he's proven himself to be untrustworthy and disrespectful of your property.

Only one solution to that. You need to put locks between him and all of your property. And I mean all of your property, not just your electronics.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

better yet get a new roommate.