Peripherals Going Haywire on Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by carrieoke13, Mar 29, 2008.

1. carrieoke13 macrumors newbie

Hi, first time poster here. (waves)

We are suddenly experiencing some major issues with our keyboard and mouse.

We have a Mac mini that's running OS 10.5.2, and we've been using the Mac aluminum Bluetooth keyboard and a Gyration wireless mouse.

The keyboard suddenly stopped working last night. The keyboard is still listed as paired up with the computer. The keys on the very top of the keyboard STILL work (all the shortcut keys, like volume, backspace, etc) but nothing else works. We rebooted the computer, the keyboard worked at login, and then stopped working again once we were actually logged into the computer.

We've tried disconnecting and re-pairing. I searched around for other suggestions and tried looking for a certain file in the Preferences folder and moving it. ETA: We also tried logging out of one account and logging in as another account. In the second account, the keyboard works but types all of the wrong keys?!?!?! Nothing has worked.

Now, the bluetooth mouse is intermittently working as well. We plugged in a Apple USB keyboard and mouse, and they are also working intermittently.

I tried pairing the wireless keyboard with my Macbook Pro (which is running Tiger) and it worked FINE. Every key.

We are totally at a loss. I'm thinking it's the Mac mini since the peripherals worked on my Macbook Pro...does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Carrie

2. ParishM macrumors regular

ParishM

any other bluetooth devices in the area like headphones etc ?