permanent / last time folder resize

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Toby Goodbar, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Toby Goodbar macrumors 6502

when using finder how can i keep folders that get resized as i left them?

for example i open /media click green, it opens perfect size, then i click to /media/torrents resize that window, then click into the next folder etc.

i don't know if it should do that normally, if it should how can i fix it or turn it back on, and if not is there a trick? maybe a plugin or script?

dp 800, quicksilver, tiger, 1gb ram

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I'm not sure if I understand correctly. Is the finder window resetting the size? To make the folder icon size bigger, just right-click on an empty space, and click show view options. then at the top, drag the slider to make the folders bigger.

3. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

the finder window size is what keeps resetting. the icons are not a problem at all. that function always seems to keep its settings and i know how to change them.

lets say you have 9 items inside folder "x", so a certain size is perfect for dispaying all 9 items w/out the need to be any bigger. i would like folder X to open at that same size everytime. so lets also assume that i click into another folder that inside folder X. we'll call it folder "Y", and folder Y has 25 items. obviously to display all items its viewing space needs to be bigger. so i would resize it to a suitable size. once its closed however if i should navigate back to folders "X" or "Y" by any other means than a direct link (i think), i would have to resize the viewing space for each folder all over again.

i hope its more clear, sorry if i was confusing w/wha i waw trying to say

4. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I get what you're saying, it's more a of individual shall we say, type of thing. each individual folder has its own custom size. i do not think that is possible...

5. Toby Goodbar thread starter macrumors 6502

ive gotten custom individual folder sizes to work but only thru the use of an alias. ive used it succesfully on my movies n apps folder which have an alias on the desktop and the dock respectively.

accesing them thru a previous finder window though (as per my example), no dice. hopefully someone reading may have found a way.