Permanent screen smudges where MBP trackpad touches?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mikefox, May 10, 2015.

1. mikefox macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I've noticed what would normally look like finger print smudges which turn out to be permanent marks on my MBP screen (see attached). Upon further inspection, these line up with the trackpad.

Has heat caused this? had anyone else experienced this problem and is it repairable? or an Apple design defect..?

Such a same when these things cost $3K.

Thanks,
    Michael

Attached Files:

2. steberg macrumors newbie

3. PaulWog Suspended

4. terencedriver, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015

terencedriver macrumors member

5. mikefox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks steberg.

Argh Apple......

First screen issues with my iMac and now this.

We purchase these products because of their quality and displays. Very disappointing.

Time to dig up the receipt and call Apple.

6. happyhippo1337 macrumors regular

I bet it will. Too early to tell though, but you will see the exact same problems on 2015 rMBPs in a few months.

I'd like to know if the OP cleaned trackpad and keyboard from time to time? What did you use for cleaning those + your screen?

Please visit staingate.org and register with some photos. Apple won't pay attention to this unless it hurts their reputation / finances.

7. uptempos macrumors member

8. TapticJab macrumors newbie

Did you wipe down the touchpad with alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, water, or a chemical cleaner? Did you recently apply hand sanitizer to your hands and use the touchpad while they were still wet? Also, is this the 2015 model?