Permanently deleting apps...there's got to be an easier way...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Argelius, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Argelius macrumors 6502

Argelius

Currently, when you delete an app from your iPhone, it merely gets removed the the phone, but stays in your list of available apps in iTunes.

So, currently, when you try an app on your phone and decide you dont like it, it remains in your list of downloaded apps in iTunes. The only way to permanently delete it, is to remember to go back to iTunes and manually delete it from there.

I am assuming this is accurate and there is no way in iTunes to see which apps were recently removed from the phone (thereby jogging your memory as to what apps you might want to permanently get rid of.

I wish, when deleting an App from the iPhone/iPad, you were given the choice of "remove from iPhone/iPad" and "permanently delete." I've got way too many unwanted apps cluttering up iTunes...

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. Argelius thread starter macrumors 6502

Argelius

Thanks for confirming. I sent a suggestion to Apple FWIW...

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

What I do is that I have a list (on aNote) where I put each of these "useless" apps, then when I get home or I remember, I go through the list and remove them.

Maybe you should try a similar approach, since it seems to me you forget those deleted apps all the time (hence the "cluttering" part of your post).

5. Argelius thread starter macrumors 6502

Argelius

Thanks. That's a good suggestion. Too bad Apple is forcing such an inelegant solution...