Perminent finder sizing?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Arkanok, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Hey everyone.

Generally, if I don't have any windows open and covering the desktop, I open the finder from the "Macintosh HD" icon. When I installed Leopard, I resized the window, and every time after that, it just seemed to stay at that size, no matter what. Since early this week however, everytime the computer is either restarted, or turned on from being off for a while, the window won't stay at the size that I originally set it too. It doesn't do this when I just put the computer to sleep though. Now, the finder icon in the dock, no matter what, stays the same size, so I can't for the life of me figure out why the "Macintosh HD" icon on the desktop keeps doing this.

Does anybody know how I can fix this, so that every time -- before and after booting the computer -- the window will always open at the same size?

2. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

So nobody knows a method for keeping windows locked at a certain size?

3. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Let's see...

Open it, move your sidebar where you want it and move the window where you want it to open. Change the size to what you want and, without opening any internal folders or files, close the window. It should remain there when you reopen it.

4. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

It does, until i reboot the computer, then it just goes back to being really tiny. It only started happening a few days ago.

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

same here. even sometimes without rebooting. It's very annoying. More like Windows behavior. :(

6. ghking macrumors regular

ghking

same with me on both my machines. so annoying.