Permission Errors

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seanymega, Feb 23, 2014.

1. seanymega macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a 13inch Macbook Pro Mid-2012 with 2.9GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024MB and 750gb SATA Disk.

I seem to always be getting permission errors that I constantly need to repair. I am wondering if there is anything that I need to do to fix these issues?

Here is the latest issues that came up;
    Please please please is there anyone that can help?

Thanks,

Sean

2. simon48, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014

simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

Is your HD one you installed and made by Seagate by any chance?

3. seanymega thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, this is the one that came with the computer from Apple which is a 750.16GB Toshiba MK7559GSXF Media according the Disk Utility.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If repairing permissions results in error messages, some of these messages can be ignored and should be no cause for concern.
    Some people repair, or recommend repairing permissions for situations where it isn't appropriate. Repairing permissions only addresses very specific issues. It is not a "cure all" or a general performance enhancer, and doesn't need to be done on a regular basis. It also doesn't address permissions problems with your files or 3rd party apps.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I've had permissions issues like those on just about every Mac I've owned and I've never had any issues.