Permission Errors

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bmwpowere36m3, Feb 17, 2008.

1. bmwpowere36m3 macrumors 6502

I'm getting some permission "errors" that I haven't had before and I'm not sure whether they are a problem or not...I get the same ones after verifying and repairing.

* Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/load_hdi" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DiskManagement.framework/Versions/A/Resources/DiskManagementTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/DesktopServicesPriv.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Locum" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install. framework/Versions/A/Resources/runner" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/readconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Versions/A/Resources/writeconfig" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "usr/libexec/authopen" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app/Contents/Resources/OwnerGroupTool" has been modified and will not be repaired.

* Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.

And then a **** load of these:

* ACL found but not expected on "System/Library/User Template/...

Probably like 480 of the above ones :eek:

2. elmo151 Guest

I had the same "messages" under 10.5 which I was told are normal. 10.5.2 has introduced a list of new oddball messages.

3. bmwpowere36m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

5. bmwpowere36m3 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

no worries,its caused by updating from the software updater & not from apples
    download page

7. mrsollars macrumors regular

i had those.....then nothing.....then some more of those.....then a kernal panic.....then nothing.....then another kernal panic......now it's unusable. no bootable drive. i have to boot from my macbook. aperture library is currently MIA.

(running diskwarrior tonight to try and fix all of the volume structure problems) ugh.

matt

8. iCeFuSiOn macrumors 6502a

Apply the latest combo updater for 10.5.2 and it should resolve 99% of those.